1. Secure proper business licensing from county or state bureaus to operate a mobile service. This also includes expanding your vehicle's insurance to include additional liability and extra coverage. Also confirm that your car tags are current.
2. Decide what type of equipment you will need to start a mobile hair salon business. Purchase portable sinks and hoses, fold-away chairs, table-top or rolling hair dryers and table-top equipment like curling irons, combs and hair solutions.
3. Consider purchasing equipment to start a mobile hair salon business from other hair salons that have gone out of business or ones that retire their equipment. Insure any equipment that is purchased, whether the equipment is new or used. Visit equipment consignment shops to find bargains.
4. Secure a dependable and ample-sized vehicle to transport the mobile equipment and supplies in. An SUV or mini-van would be ideal for transporting equipment.
5. Contact potentially new or existing clients about your new mobile hair salon service. Book appointments as you contact them. Since mobile equipment can be purchased relatively easily and quickly, don't waste time or lose potential business.